Travel awards (Participation Grant - in case of online presentation)
RC28 provides assistance to RC28 student members and members in special needs by subsidizing their travel to RC28 conferences, in order to present their work.
- Travel awards are given in recognition of good scholarship in the field of social stratification.
- The applicant’s paper must be accepted by the conference’s organizer, and the applicant must be the presenter of the paper.
- In case of online presentation, the travel award covers the participation fee.
- In case of presentation in person, travel award will cover the participation fee and travel cost, however it will not exceed 1 200 US dollars
- Travel awards are given only once in a four-year period to the same person.
The RC28 Travel Awards Fund assists students and members in special needs by subsidizing their travel to RC28 conferences, in order to present their work. The following categories of members qualify for such support:
- RC28 members in special need
Please send your application and a full paper by the deadline (February 21st, 2021) to the conference organizer and the Secretary/Treasurer of the RC28, and include (a) the title of the paper to be presented, (b) an itemized budget, (c) (short) letter of recommendation.
Award recipients will be notified by Friday 5.3. individually and the names of the recipients of the Travel Awards will be announced at the conference.